The beauty of an online bookstore is that you can get what you want when you want of course. How else can you order a novel in a particular genre at 2am on an impulse? There is also the added bonus that you don’t have to leave your home to get what you want.
What don’t get from your online bookstore?
- You can’t smell your book online.
- You can’t touch your book online.
- You can’t taste your book online.
But the beauty of buying books for sale online is that you don’t need to do any of the above do you? That’s the kind of thing you need to do if you’re buying apples and oranges, not books!
What do you get from your online bookstore?
All you really need to do is get a little bit of information about the author and the work and you can usually base your decision on that.
Well whether you buy non fiction books of fiction books from your online bookstore you can be sure that you’ll get this sort of information from virtually all online retailers; it’s in their best interest to give you as much information as possible.
There are several other bonuses to buying books for sale online and they are too numerous to mention in any great details, but here are a few of the more obvious ones:
- You don’t have to leave the house to buy your books. Books for sale online will be delivered to your door with the minimum fuss.
- An online bookstore will often carry a larger catalogue of books than your local store, simply because they don’t need to store and display them in a bookstore, and they can also show you the books that they can get as print on demand too.
- Postage payments costs from your online bookstore can often compete with the cost of actually going out and driving to your bookstore. By the time you have paid for the fuel costs and parking charges you may as well have ordered the book online.
- Browsing is made easy when you shop at an online bookstore. You can search for your favourite author and/or genre and also discover other works that are similar; some online bookstores also offer you recommendations based on your browsing history and past purchases; you don’t get this from your local bookstore very often, and certainly not from the larger bookstore chains.
- Online bookstores often have more special offers on than actual bookstores. This is because their expenses are usually much lower than an actual bookstore, allowing them to transfer more of a saving to their customers. Books for sale online are fast becoming the cheaper alternative.
- Possibly a lesser known, or a lesser confessed bonus to buying your books from an online bookstore is that all important knock at the door when the postman delivers your package, and then the moment that you open it to reveal your brand new books; this is a very good feeling.